I’m back with another review, today I’m reviewing the Biossance 100% Squalane Oil that I picked up at the recent Sephora sale. It retails for $50 for 100ml, but with 15% off, it came down to $42.5, which I thought was a good price! I haven’t tried anything from the brand before, but I definitely am intrigued by the brands products!
The squalene oil can be used on the face, body and hair. It helps lock in moisture and is fast absorbing. I purchased it mainly to use on my face, but I found it works so well on other parts of the body as well!
This oil instantly hydrates and locks in essential moisture, leaving your skin exceptionally soft and smooth while helping to reduce signs of redness and irritation.
- For the face: Rub a small amount together between hands to warm. Pat gently onto the face, neck and décolleté.
- For the body: Massage a few pumps onto the skin immediately after showering, paying close attention to areas needing extra hydration like the arms, legs and knees.
- For the hair: Rub a small amount between the hands and smooth through dry or wet hair to add shine and tame flyaways, split ends and frizz. Adjust the amount as needed.
How I use it:
- For the face: As is or mixed with some moisturiser. I smooth it over my face and neck.
- For the body: On top of moisturiser when I need more hydration. Mostly use it on my legs and feet because I tend to get drier there.
- For the hair: Applied to wet hair as an extra treatment, or onto dry hair when I need more moisture.
I was really impressed by this! Firstly the packaging is lovely, it comes in a cardboard box with a little info insert. The bottle itself comes with a stopper which I love, because if you’re travelling with this, it won’t spill everywhere.
I love how lightweight it is, it doesn’t leave that greasy feeling either because it absorbs quickly. When mixed with moisturiser, it doesnt leave a sheen on my face at all. I find using it with the moisturiser if more effective than using it alone on my face, plus it gets rid of one step in my routine haha! As for the body, I tend to be on my feet for pretty much my entire work shift so my feet can get pretty dry from doing that. I have noticed a massive difference in using this to massage my feet before I go to bed, and I wake up with softer feet. I also wear socks in the house as it’s quite cold now. I don’t use it that much for my hair, just when necessary. It makes my hair feel more hydrated when applied onto dry hair and it gives my hair a nice shine when I use it on wet/damp hair.
As for how much I use, I use about one pump for the face and neck. I use two per leg – so four altogether, then one pump for each foot – so two pumps altogether. For the hair I use two pumps, I have short-medium hair, that just hangs a bit off my shoulders.
Overall I really enjoyed using this and I would repurchase once it’s finished. I’m also interested in trying out other oils with similar effects. I’ve tried rosehip oil for my face before and didn’t like it at all, so I would love to see if anyone has any suggestions!
Have you tried squalane oil before, or anything from Biossance?
Have a great week!